Thursday, March 23, 2006

The biggest one yet!

I simply cannot keep Scott away from the lake! I don't mind too much though, it gives me time to watch my soaps ;)

However, it has paid off. Following are pictures of his largest catch to date, and a few of the smaller ones he's caught this week. He had to clean these and get them soaking in milk, preparing them for freezing.


This guy weighed 15 lbs!




Scott's had a good week of fishing!

It's supposed to freeze tonight. We discussed it and are taking a caculated risk of not covering the plants, since they made it through last night, and it dipped to 36, with a real feel of 21. I don't know if actual temperature is worse than real feel temperature as far as the plants are concerned, or if real feel is enough to do damage. I guess we'll find out. Prayers being cheerfully accepted for my poor little plants!

High Temperature: 52° F
Low Temperature: 36° F
Precipitation: 0.00 in

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Wow! What's he using for bait?

I would try to lay some old bedding or newspapers that are weighted down over the plants. I hope they survive this wacky weather. I am so ready for the cold to go away!

Anonymous said...

Leave the dude alone, Helen! At least he's not out fishin' for women! LOL

j.sterling said...

holy crap,. look at that fish! lol