Sunday, June 04, 2006

No more vacation :(

I've been on vacation for the past 10 days (including weekends) and this is the end of it. Finito. *sigh*

I'm not quite ready to go back to work. As much as I love my bosses (and I do) and as much as I love my job (and I do), there are still so many hours that I need to play with the puppy, and watch waterskiers on the lake, and open my front door and see the blue water (why does it look blue from my porch, but brown when I'm on the beach?) and green trees and grasses, and stepping outside to look at my plants from morning to afternoon to evening, watching the flowers change throughout the day.
*sigh*

I'm 50...and I want to retire now. I remember when my mom said she had 15 years to retire...it seemed to fly by for me, but I'm sure it didn't for her. I hope mine goes fast. I think it will. My job is busy enough that the days fly by.

On another note, I had more comments about my Dixie Chicks post than ever before. Perhaps this blog needs to become more controversial...lol. As I mentioned in my replies to those comments, I hope nobody takes that little rant so seriously as to not return. This blog is not the place for that. This blog is meant for the joy and sweetness that is my life at Lake Tawakoni. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am counting the minutes till I can retire too! I hate working! waaaa! There has to be a better way!

Citizen_Stu said...

Wow. The place sounds great. I don't blame you for wanting to spend more time off work there.

Peach Flambée said...

Hi, Helen!

B$ is borked. Adam set up a temporary forum. Rather than post the URL here, I'll suggest that you go to the IRC channel for more info.

Pass it along ...

Cheers ... Peach