Saturday, May 31, 2008

Bittersweet

Last night, Shannon graduated from high school....We're so happy for her! Tomorrow, she starts her new job as a camp counselor and will come home on the weekends. We'll miss her a lot :(

Then tonight, I received a phone call telling me that my father had died from a motorcycle accident today. The doctors think he had a stroke.

I think I've had enough loss for the year. Everyone else in my life will please enter the large protective bubble over to my left.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrat. Shannon.. H. remember he gives us as much as we can handle never more.. You are so strong There is light at the end...

Honey said...

Thanks Yvonne. I'm pretty much at the end of my rope after this.

Rosie said...

Hey you! I'm so sorry to hear all this stuff. Come back to the forum and talk to us. We were wondering where you'd gotten to. Thank God for Alyce! We miss you and are there to support you.

Rosalie

beadbrat said...

Oh Helen, what a year it has been for you guys! I am sorry for all your losses! I lost my Dad in February, so I have an inkling of what you have been through... but cannot imagine the rest of what you have been through, on the heels of that...My heart goes out to you... I will keep you guys in my prayers, that all goes well and super quick!

Beth(beadbrat)

Sage said...

Honey, I just visited your blog after months of no connection, and read of all your losses. I'm so sorry for you all, and know that you're in for a long process of healing and recovery. It's heartening to read that some good is coming from all this, and I know that the passing of time does help. Be as well as you can, and take stress breaks!

Sage